Student Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lilly Chambers

You Shouldn’t Have To Be An Educator To Critique Education Empty You Shouldn’t Have To Be An Educator To Critique Education

Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:17 am
You Shouldn’t Have To Be An Educator To Critique Education You-Shouldn-t-Have-To-Be-An-Educator-To-Critique-Education

Our schools wouldn't need the American Rescue Plan if I had a nickel for every time a school official used the words "unprecedented times" in the last year and a half. What, on the other hand, isn't unprecedented? Anger directed against those school officials and the institutions they represent. And, just in time for the holidays, it's heating up again.

This time, the discussion isn't about a particular criticism of public education; it's about who should be allowed to criticize school systems in the first place.

Is it really necessary to be a teacher to have an opinion on education? Because, according to several of the instructors who commented, it's either classroom experience or bust. "There are too many armchair quarterbacks in this society," one instructor remarked. "Why don't you come get your hands filthy before you criticize?" said another instructor.
And, since the repercussions from this discussion is still occupying my timeline, I'm asking for a truce.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum